PSPad editor is freeware programmer editor, usable for people who:
- work with various programming environments
- like highlighted syntax in code
- need a small tool with simple controls and the capabilities of a mighty code editor
- looking for a tool to work with plain text
- want to save money and still have the functionality of professional products
Why PSPad ?
- do you work with various programming environments ?
- do you like highlighted syntax in code ?
- do you need a small tool with simple controls and the capabilities of a mighty code editor ?
- are you looking for a tool to work with plain text ?
- do you want to save money and still have the functionality of professional products ?
- then PSPad is for you.
- work with projects
- work on several documents at the same time (MDI)
- Save desktop session to later reopen all open files
- FTP client – you can edit files directly from the web
- macro recorder to record, save and load macros
- search and replace in files
- text difference with color-coded differences highlighted
- templates (HTML tags, scripts, code templates…)
- installation contains templates for HTML, PHP, Pascal, JScript, VBScript, MySQL, MS-Dos, Perl,…
- syntax highlighting auto set by file type
- user-defined highlighters for exotic environments
- auto correction
- intelligent internal HTML preview using IE and Mozilla
- full HEX editor
- call external programs, different for each environment
- external compiler with catch command output, log window, log parser for each environment for “IDE” effect
- color syntax highlight printing and print preview
- integrated TiDy library for formatting and checking HTML code, conversion to CSS, XML, XHTML
- integrated free version of top CSS editor TopStyle Lite
- export with highlight to RTF, HTML, TeX format into file or clipboard
- column block select, bookmarks, line numbers, …
- reformat and compress HTML code, tags char case change
- line sorting with ability to sort on defined column, with option to drop duplicates
- ASCII chart with HTML entities
- Code explorer for Pascal, INI, HTML, XML, PHP, and more in future
- spell checker
- internal web browser with APACHE support
- matching bracket highlighting
- Code explorer for ftXML ignores IMAGE tag what is e.g. in SGML without close tag
- User highlighter – added Euklid+ support
- Hex editor – paste binnary text changed some chars
- Hex editor – statusbar informations
- On higher DPI menu items used small font (problem of developer tool)
- Code explorer for Unix shell script didn’t accept function names containing dot
- Code explorer – click doesn’t focus editor even it was set in Code explorer toolbar button
- SpellCheck – excelption sometimes occured
- TextDiff – exception sometimes on the last line