Buttercup uses very strong encryption to protect your sensitive details under a single master password – Feel free to use stronger and more complex passwords for each service and let Buttercup store them securely.
Buttercup is free to download and use and is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. Use it alongside the browser extension and mobile app for a completely portable experience.
Buttercup for Mobile
Take your login credentials wherever you go by installing the free iOS or Android app on your phone. Buttercup mobile gives you access to the same archives you use on the desktop application and browser extension, so your newly added details can be seen on all of your devices.
Buttercup’s mobile applications employ similar safety techniques to banking applications, such as auto-lock and a security overlay when the app is minimized.
Strong 256bit AES encrypted archives that meet today’s security standards. Rest assured that your credentials are safe.
Easy-to-use interfaces with basic concepts make storing and finding your login details a piece of cake.
Buttercup’s software is free to download and use, forever. It’s also available for all major platforms.
This release includes critical fixes and improvements to the general performance and stability of Buttercup and is recommended for all users.
- 👾 Adds 32 bit support to Buttercup on all platforms except macOS
- 🚀 Includes internal updates to security and overall stability
- Fixes an issue where the menubar icon was invisible in macOS #598
- Fixes an issue where the menubar icon was throwing an error upon load #581
- Fixes an issue where there was multiple menubar icons showing up in Linux #573
- Fixes an issue with password generator #590
- Improves French translation #579 #588
- Fixes an important issue where changing an archive’s password was causing it to stop working #575
- New improvements to the password generator component.
- Updates Buttercup Importer to latest version #572
- Improves app menus on Windows & Linux #408
- This release changes the way the tray icon behaves in different platforms and fixes it’s issues on Linux. #567 #566
- New Menubar/Tray mode (Find from the View menu) #444
- Fixes an issue where Move to Groups was disabled on Linux #530
- Hides the entries filter/search box in favor of the new global search #556
- Improvements to the 1Password import process supporting new types #499
- New Languages: Hungarian 🇭🇺 and Czech 🇨🇿
- Full list of changes